Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In a 1970s Place...


I think I blew my wad with all that emoting yesterday. Which works out pretty well, since here at ye olde workplace it's  hopping and deadline-y, I've got an after hours meeting I'm doing my best not to dread, and I can't get the thought of a little walk and an iced coffee before the rain comes out of my mind. In short, though it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm truly still bursting with grateful happiness. I just have other things to do besides yammer on about it. Cut to: today's song choice.

I have always loved Lionel Richie, in every one of his incarnations, and I'm so thrilled that his career is still going strong. I heard this song on the radio this morning and though it's never been my favorite Richie/Commodores joint, I appreciate it as a countrified ballad that somehow manages to be funky. Only you, Lionel & Co. can pull this off. Not to mention the hair and fashions. So sparkly! So afrotastic! Any way you look at it, pure awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment