Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Real Cool

My sister's wedding is this weekend and the festivities start as of Thursday night. I'm so excited to see everyone and have a blast, so preoccupied with packing lists and writing a toast and all the preparation that goes into travel, especially now that there's a baby-person involved, that I may as well call this week a wash, everything-else-wise. Oh, but we soldier on.

HR has been sleeping through the night consistently for quite some time now, which is the best thing in the world. Almost the best thing. He wakes every morning around 5 and we've developed a routine of getting him a bottle right away and bringing him into bed with us. After he's had his morning milk, we all usually go back to sleep, for up to 2 1/2 more hours. That bit of extra sleep all together is the best thing. It's become one of my favorite parts of the day. And there is nothing like a babbling little chap with wild bedhair poking you awake and rewarding you with a huge, six-toothed smile. I know this can't go on forever, but I'm loving it while it does.

It feels like HR's dependence on his bottle will go on forever and I'm inclined to get frustrated about it, but I know that will come to an end when he's ready. In the meantime we just keep offering him the sippy cup. As with the sleep thing it will probably come down to a standoff, and there will be tears, but I'm not going to rush him just now. And that's that.

This is very much a city song, but I can't hear it without it conjuring memories of being flopped out the beach, sand between my toes, wind in my hair, not a care in the world besides remembering to flip over now and then. 3rd Bass is underrated, as hip hop acts go. I'm serious.




Oh, and congratulations to our friends O and S who welcomed a beautiful baby girl last night. We can't wait to meet her, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment