Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Overjoyed

Is it just me, or is it harder to write about things you really, really love? Even if it's just me, I'm not even going to try to capture all the past weekend meant to me with words. I will say that I love my family beyond reason and was so lucky to have spent time with almost every single member of the extended family on both sides. Their presence meant the world to my sister. It helps that everyone gets along, and combined with Katie and her husband's really great friends, I think we did their union justice. Every day was a nonstop celebration. We danced and sang and ate and drank and thumbed our noses at the rain. And that miserable rain stopped just in time for the wedding, which was not unappreciated. Thanks, nature!

I was in the wedding party so I didn't get to take as many pictures as I had hoped to, but my future sister-in-law graciously lent me permission to borrow from her archives. Thank you Ma'am! Please know that the little photo essay to follow leaves out most of the attendees, but I picked the ones that best captured the spirit of the day.

To begin, the wedding musician:
"Too late to turn back now, bro..."





Bridesbabes (I guess I was still on my way)
"YEAH Y'ALL!"



Daughter and Dad
A toast!



Interesting factoid: there were maybe 4 1/2 Jews in attendance (neither being the bride or groom) but that was one of the best Horas in which I've ever taken part

I'm a big wedding snob and judge them by the strength of the dancing crowd. Below is a close approximation of how it was from beginning to end:
We danced so hard. It was the best, best, best time. "Epic" is way overused, but I can't think of a more accurate word to describe it.

Love you Katie and Dave! This one's for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment