Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pop-POP

HR had a much, much better night last night, and so did we all. While he was getting in the first leg of his peaceful slumber (aka the part where he stays in his crib), I utilized one of the most beautiful features of being an HBO subscriber: series On-Demand. As Season 2's premiere is imminent, I finally decided to see what all the hype was about regarding Game of Thrones (or more accurately, Game of Banging Your Sister and Beheading the Everloving Shit Out of Some Dudes). Though I don't usually go in for constant brutality, I'm a sucker for anything that remotely resembles Middle Earth, and I do believe I'm hooked. Like somehow more TV is what I've been missing. And now I suppose I'm going to have to read the books. WHY IS MY LIFE SO HARD? Right?

I was inspired--based on a Facebook conversation I got into this morning stemming from my puzzlement over liking a recent pop song--to dedicate my musical selections the rest of the week to the great bubblegum teeny-bopper gems of popular music, one for each decade I've been alive. This will do nothing to improve McQueen's esteem in my taste in music, but clearly I don't give a rat's ass about that (Hi Chris!).

I was going to go with "I Was Made For Dancing" for the first pick because that's sort of the groove for me, even though the irony is clear. Leif Garrett was made for... anything but dancing. Even pre-junk. He was not a funky homo sapien. It's funny I never had a crush on Mr. Garrett, I think I assumed he was a girl, he was so pretty. But I digress, the phenom of the 1970s that captured my young imagination was Shaun Cassidy. Sigh, Shaun Cassidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment