Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cock. Sack. Heh.

So my little bub-eroo picked up the Coxsackie virus from a pal (can you say Coxsackie without laughing? You are a stronger person than I). He'll be fine, just has a gnarly rash, possibly some mouth sores, and a low fever that comes and goes. He's in good spirits and the warmth and sunshine allows his daddy to get him out for plenty of fresh air which can make all the difference. Still, he's not 100% and I feel for him. Also, it seems so typical: healthy as a horse nearly all the time, then when we have a big event coming up, the illness fairy strikes. His fever's already down and he should be no worse for wear for the weekend. I'm being less of a hardass about sleeping right now in light of the diagnosis, but he's not doing too bad considering. At first I was feeling a bit stressed out, it's easy to worry even over the little things with your kid, but I think of how the people I see every day at my job would give anything to be worrying about a common childhood illness and it's like swallowing a giant perspective pill. All will be well, and this will pass before we know it.

As for me, I'm pretty tired due to not being smart enough to go to bed early enough to get in the peak sleep hours, but the weather helps me slap on a permanent smile. I'm trying to cram in a lunchtime mani/pedi, so I've got that to look forward to, assuming our scheduled volunteer shows up for her shift. If she bails, I'll try to make it happen tomorrow. It's not essential of course, but a fancy occasion is always a good excuse to get your appendages attended-ges. Right.

I'm working on a guest entry for my friend Kev's blog, I'll let you know when it pops (at this point maybe not until next week, we'll see). And for now adieu, but not before a song in honor of my little convalescent. For some reason, this is one of his favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment