Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Third Day, First Month

I haven't been 100% honest about my rekindled verve for exercise. Yes, I do love a good run and the commitment to logging miles and eating well is made with the overarching intention to be in good health for my own sake and for that of my family. But for the short term, I'm working out pretty much solely so I can wear a bikini when we go to Mexico in December. I don't care what I weigh, just how well I can work it in two-piece. Oh, and I mean to have a different bikini for every day we're there. I'm doing it big. It's the shallowest, girliest goal I've ever set for myself, and probably the most delightful one since a few years back when I added "learn how enjoy whiskey" to my life to-do list. I think it's important to set at least one goal per year that's purely fun - it's a way of being kind to yourself. If it's all work, what's the point? That's a personal theme, of sorts.

Anyway. It felt good to get that off my chest. I know myself, and I realize beyond the shadow of a doubt that I'm deflecting the far heavier subject of my beloved grandfather passing away, which happened four years ago today. It's also the 21st birthday of my awesome cousin and goddaughter, and it only makes me feel a little (lot) old that she's hitting this milestone when I was, let's say, "mature" enough to be in the room when she came into the world on this day over two decades ago.

Life, what a crazy ride.

This song is pretty old, but then again so am I. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment