Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Let's Have a Smile For an Old Engine Driver

Yesterday I had a lump in my throat the whole day, just thinking about my ailing boo from whom I hadn't been parted for a second since last Wednesday. I knew he was just fine with his dad. Of course he was. But I think it was the combo of extreme sleep deprivation and disgusting gray weather, it put me in a dark mood and all I could think was what if? What if he never got better, what if he never regained his spark? Really, really stupid. I know. But like I said, sleep deprivation is a hell of a drug. Anyway the whole funk lifted when I got home last night and he was there smiling his exaggerated ham sandwich of a smile at me, almost 100% himself. Then he slept waaaaaay better, so we all slept way better. As of this morning I kissed my little booger machine goodbye and left the house much lighter in spirit. Let's celebrate being on the mend (including Mama's mental recovery) with a spot of musical genius, shall we?

Building on yesterday's selection, I decided that the theme for this week is songs from concert films. And lucky for you I picked The Who's bahn-burnah of a performance from Rock Circus



In fairness to the Stones, who could ever follow that? I think we can all understand why Mick and Co. sat pouting on this one for 30 years (damn, that's a big-ass pout).

Happiest of Tuesdays to you and you and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment