Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gotta Get Back

Tonight my cousin is coming over to watch the bean and Mike and I are going on a very nerdy date. Yes, we're going to play team trivia, but not from the company that employs my husband so there's no conflict of interest. He can get out there and shine with his copious knowledge. It would be a nice thing to emerge victorious, but even if we don't it'll be an honest-to-goodness night out for us so there's no losing even if we don't win. In his entire life I've been the only one to put HR to sleep at night, except once when my mother watched him a few weeks ago. I think my cousin has her work cut out for her, but I have no doubt that she's entirely capable of getting the job done. I just hope that the separation anxiety period is short and it's not an evening of screams. I think he'll calm down as soon as we're out of sight and she can distract him, and worst case, he'll still up when we get home. I can live with that. I just have to let go and know that he's in good hands and even if he's a pill to his "auntie" everything will be all right.

In other news, I'm ready for spring now.  I can't wait to get out for early morning walks with my family, and to pick up a whole bunch of new warm weather clothes since last year I was newly post-partum and schlubbed around in a  gradual step-down from maternity clothing. My summery clothes from before pregnancy have either been Goodwill-ed due to oldness or are too big. And I'm bursting with anticipation at the thought of getting out there in the sun and showing my baby the flowers and trees and birds and all that hippie crap he was too little to notice last year. So c'mon c'mon c'mon already!

On my all-time-favorite-songs list, this is a top-tenner. That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment