Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So Long, Violet Eyes

Surprise pancakes are the best pancakes of all. Last night my little gentleman had a pretty rough night, sleep-wise, hence so did we all. While the three of were lounging in bed at 6 a.m. (Mike and I were barely conscious, HR was somehow full of energy and happy as a clam), Mike said, "Did you want to go get pancakes or something?" I guess because he thought it would help me feel better about the latest nighttime backslide. What he maybe didn't consider is that you don't just casually dangle the prospect of pancakes in front of me, that's like saying "tavern" in front of Homer Simpson. So that's how we ended up at our neighborhood delicatessen at 8 a.m. It was great though, the place was relatively empty and we got to really take advantage of the coffee refills while HR behaved like an angelic angel from Angeltown and flirted with the waitress. I put away a shortstack of banana nut chocolate chip pancakes with a side of crispy bacon, and suddenly sleep began to seem overrated. I don't recommend eating like this every day, but today it really turned things around. And then I got to work. I'm not going to talk about work anymore unless I have something uplifting to say (beyond the obvious steady paying gig aspect).

Time to bring in the big guns, then, a guaranteed sprinkle of candy rain when things are otherwise mighty parched: this clip from the fantastic sitcom "What's Happening" (the embed function has been disabled, but I highly recommend taking the time to click on the link).  Obviously it's not from a musical, but it is sort of a musical number and since Mike posted it on his facebook page months ago, I can't seem to stop watching it. It just makes me laugh til I pee. And who couldn't use a good "lizz" today?

Speaking of Liz, RIP Elizabeth Taylor. So as not to memorialize you with such an undignified reference, thank you for all your great work, particularly Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment