Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Dozen

Great, great long weekend. Not that I can remember what we did or that we did all that much, it was just so nice to be with HR all the time and even have some all-three-of-us family time. Yesterday was our anniversary, and we celebrated by going to the zoo, going out for nachos and ending the evening with take-out and DVR shows after Mr. Pants went to bed. Yep, still got it after all these years. Along the way we introduced rice cereal into the boy's diet (I think he thinks we might be crazy, but points to him for going along with it) and got him in the exersaucer which is fantastic. You pop him in there and he just loses his mind. It's hilarious to observe, and one of the best infant-related inventions so far, rivaling the boppy, the Itzbeen and the bumbo seat.

I have a huge entry about my husband waiting to be written that I wanted to get in here in time for our 12-year milestone (we've been together 15 in all) but that will have to wait until I have the time it deserves. In other words, not this busy day.

But here's the blog of the week, for your reading and viewing pleasure: Kari and her husband are two of my favorite people in the world and though I've yet to go to their home (I stress YET) I feel like I've been there thanks to this amazing project. Miss you dearly, my darling Johnsons.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Glad it was such a nice one.

    Bouncing! Anything my kid could bounce on/in was magic. He LOVED bouncing. Still does, actually, with his big trampoline outside and a mini-tramp in the cellar. It's his zen and excess energy burner. He was about 5 months when I put him in the Johnny-Jump-Up (those sling seat dealies that hang from a door frame) the first time and from that day forward he's been a bouncing fool. ~LA

    ReplyDelete