Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Like I Have Younger Readers

Aaaaaand..... pinkeye. That is what ultimately ended our 8 + month streak of not having to take HR to the pediatrician. It was a hell of a run, for a little kid. But even without the crud I figure it can't hurt to get him looked at as he's been feverish and all anyway. I do feel bad because this of all days is when I have an after-work meeting so I'll only see my small gent for just a short spell before his bedtime tonight. It happens, and what can you do. It's not his first go-round with the affliction, I'm sure it won't be his last, and thankfully there's good medicine to clear it right up. I fully expect my own imminent turn on the conjunctivitis-a-whirl. In the meantime, to the laundry with you, towels and washcloths and pillowcases. Life in the world and all its beauty.

Tomorrow something else will be going on, and I hope that something is not a new ailment. If it is, I probably won't write about it due to its inherent boringness. And now for someone who knew a thing or two about being sick but was never boring, my spirit animal, RJD.



A bit of trivia for my older readers: I loved this video when I was a kid because I had a crush on the kid who stars in it. That's right, it's Meeno Peluce, staple of 80s programming, and brother to one Soleil Moon Frye.








No comments:

Post a Comment