Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Either Way, Words to Live By

And lo, after the cold and the pinkeye cometh the dreaded puking virus. Poor HR, and poor Mike, having to deal with the patient on his own all day long. At least the boy seems in good spirits between bouts of sick. I believe we're getting a glimpse of what life will be like when he goes to school and is around other kids on a regular basis. Go go gadget immune system! May the latest test pass quickly for all of us involved, is all I hope. Plus I don't want to have to reschedule Saturday's already once postponed shindig.

Not to be overshadowed by the icky business, we had plenty of healthy good times over the long weekend including, but not limited to, a spirited night out in the 'hood for a friend's birthday (thanks go out to my aunt and uncle who babysat), family naps and a tour of all the parks in Cambridge. Ok, it was only two, but I felt pretty damned accomplished making the multiple-playground trek alone with a toddler.

Was it Abraham Lincoln, or Homer Simpson, who said, "You're boring everybody. Quit boring everyone"? On that note, I'll leave you with an unrelated music moment. Remember these guys? I had no idea at the time how incredible it was that they were doing what they were doing, I just liked the pretty (to my preteen self in the eighties) costumes.


No comments:

Post a Comment