Thursday, December 29, 2011

JP. OUT.

Ah, my last entry of the year. How anticlimactic. I hate writing retrospectives, and since this is my blog and all, I usually just don't. Not that anything major happened in the last twelve months, I mean, HR only learned to walk and feed himself and turned one and gave up nursing and started talking and a million other huge small things. No big deal. But though it's a constant marvel for me how he grows and becomes more of a functional human being by the minute, I know that's just life, it happens, and it happens fast and looking back on it in year-sized portions only makes it seem crazier.

As for the coming year, I never make resolutions. I'm one of those jerks. The truth is, life is pretty great and if it didn't change much outside of the wild unpredictable biteable-cheeked change machine that is our son, then I'd be more than OK with that. I know when I'm sitting on a pile of gold.

I assure you, it's not as painful as it sounds.

All right, so maybe the coming year will bring some actual writing from yours truly. Maybe it'll be the year I get a full night's sleep. Maybe my muffin top will vanish into the ether, or we'll win the lottery. Who knows what's coming? Not knowing is part of the fun. So I'm just going to be over here keeping on doing my thing. And you just be safe and happy as you close the books on 2011. See you on the other side.

One thing for sure about this year: I've really been into Les Miserables for whatever reason. So ending with this selection seems fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment