Monday, October 31, 2011

A Machine's Doing That For You

I'll write about our (mostly) very awesome weekend of wedding fun and weather adventures tomorrow, when I have time to do it justice. For today I'd just like to wish everyone a Happy Halloween even though we're humbugging the shit out of it this year. It just crept up, calendar-wise. Plus nobody we know was having a party, and HR doesn't eat candy yet so trick or treating wouldn't do much for him. This is my roundabout way of saying the second Halloween of HR's life will pass without him wearing a costume, and though I'm missing out on the chance for a even-cuter-than-usual photo op, I don't harbor a drop of mama guilt. I'll be observing on my own terms, while Mike is at work and the boy sleeps, with some decidedly non-scary books and DVR'd shows and a beer. I'll make it a pumpkin beer at least-- I have to make it different from other nights somehow. We've never gotten many trick-or-treaters, which is usually a disappointment, but now I don't need to worry about being the dark-house candy scrooge just beggin' for an eggin'.

In honor of this scariest of nights, here's the spookiest song of all time:

No comments:

Post a Comment