Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Like Strawberries in the Summertime

Happy Chanukah to my Hebrews and Shebrews out there! How is it Chanukah already? How is it December, even? This is all good stuff mind you, but I feel steamrolled by the passage of time. If my mind were a blender, it would be set on frappe. Mmm, frappe.

Right. So. I'm going through a phase where I don't want to write things anymore, just post videos. It'll be over soon. But in the meantime, this is what's happening.

Remember how awesome this was?



RUSSELL! (I called him as winner from the auditions). Also, LEGACY!  And... Kevin? I don't remember him at all. Anyway, it still gives me chills. I'm probably divorced now. But whatever, it was worth it.

I've been feeling nostalgia for my teenage years lately. Maybe I'll write more about that tomorrow, or maybe I'll kiss my baby and drink a glass of bourbon and not feel like I'm too fat and remember how rad it is to be an adult. In any case, this one goes out to my from-growing-up people-- you know who you are (hint: one of you is now sporting a fetching mohawk).



Finally, the song of the day. I'm not going to post a Chanukah song because there are no good ones. I mean, I guess Sandler's is pretty good and I do have an inexplicably enduring love for him, but I'd rather promote this lovely song which is not really a holiday song at all. Just a secular thing of beauty that makes me think of the holidays.



Happy candle-lighting to those who do, I'm looking forward to celebrating another first with HR Pufnstuf. His first Chanukah present: socks. That's traditional, right?

1 comment:

  1. I love that Fleet Foxes song, I've been playing it on repeat from time to time for the past few months

    ReplyDelete