Monday, December 20, 2010

Bells Are Ringing Out On Christmas Day

HR has reached defcon 5 stage clinginess. His days of happily independent playing have waned for now, he wants to be held by one of us most of the time. It does sound like this is normal at this juncture in development. But add in the poor monkey's teething discomfort (worst. night. ever. on Saturday), and we're a pretty exhausted lot in our house. I keep telling myself, though, that there will come a time where he won't want anything to do with snuggling me so I'll give him every snuggle he desires. And when we go home for the holiday, there will be so many people to lavish him with attention, it'll be a nice break for Mike and me. Still and all, this is a sterling time to be alive.

It'll be three years come January since my grandfather passed away and today for some reason I am missing him more keenly than I have in a long time. Maybe because of the holidays, maybe just because. I missed him before he was even gone, he was just that special. Love you, Pup.

Anyway. I am floored beyond floored that Christmas is in five days, and I'm pre-emptively fighting the depression of it being over. I never said I wasn't ridiculous. And I'm ridiculously excited for a big chunk of time off from work and time with my family. All right, time to make the doughnuts. I'll leave you now with a gorgeous holiday rave-up by someone who could probably commiserate with anyone's dental woes.

2 comments:

  1. We listened to both "Our House" and "Dream a Little Dream of Me" today...my thoughts have been turning to Pup a lot lately, too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Song. And the only holidayish tune that gets into my bones. I hadn't heard it yet this year, so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete