Monday, November 1, 2010

UGGHH!

It's just another Monday morning in the nuthouse. I must say that in all my years here I've never seen such a consistent weekly escalation in nuttery. I don't think about my job at all over the weekend, ever, but on my first commute in of the week I always make a bet with myself that this Monday can't be as off the hook as last. Just call me the Buffalo Bills, because I am on a losing streak (too soon?). Ah, but I can honestly say I've never been bored at this job.

Things are getting wildly inconsistent with HR's sleeping, so that only adds to my mental disarray. Friday night, when we broke him of the swaddle once and for all, he slept like a perfect angel. I was so shocked, and so excited, that I knew better than to think it would happen again. Enter the jacked-up jackery of Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday we slept away from home, so I can't hold him accountable for that. But I assumed last night would be more normal, as it usually is after a tough night. Obviously I can stick my assumptions in a sack, Mister.

I'm not going to get frustrated or anything, I know I just need to be consistent with our routine and hope for the best every night. Tonight we'll add a bath into the mix (we usually bathe him in the morning) and see if that helps. Overall I can't really complain about this baby because the joy he has added to our lives trumps the joy of sleeping a million times over. It just helps me work through the snags to write about them. I don't want to overshadow the milestone that after 6 months of burrito baby, HR is FINALLY ready to free-form it in the crib.

I've got George Winston's December going in my iTunes and suddenly this day is feeling a-ok. Coming soon: scenes from HR's first Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment