Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Not Much

And so it's baseball time again, which is a thing of beauty. The Sox had a great opening day. That means nothing in the long, long run of a season except they won that one game, but that's good enough for me, for now. I don't know what to expect from them this year, but if it's possible for them to be worse than they were in 2012, well, that would be some accomplishment. GO SOX!

Although I am beyond thrilled that spring might get here maybe someday soonish, I'm noticing that the passage of the seasons has become disconcertingly quick. As part of our bedtime ritual, before I say goodnight to HR, I pat his back and tell him about the "other day," meaning what's going to happen in the future. It goes something like, "tomorrow, you have music class, then it's Tuesday, then blah blah blah it'll be spring then your birthday then more blah blah blah..." and I usually wrap it up around summertime, and all the fun things we'll do when it's summer. But now it's so close I actually have to talk about fall and things like him going to school. I don't want to think that far ahead, but the story isn't quite long enough if I don't. That right there is the definition of pointless conundrum.

Also pointless: I think I might have developed an addiction to ModCloth. It is a good, good thing that there is a wishlist option on the site, because putting items on there has saved me from many an impulse buy, especially since when I go back to look at it I wonder what struck me about most of those clothes in the first place.

Beards aren't really my thing, but I'm totally cool with MMJ.


No comments:

Post a Comment