Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Gooey Warmth and Light

Our home has somehow transformed into the enchanted land of no more naps. I'm not ready to say they're done forever, but they've become more of a sometimes thing than a reliable thing. On the upside, HR's nighttime sleeping has been consistently great. On the downside, all those awake hours in a row can be exhausting... for the adults. It's not so bad for me since I only get the weekends (though I will miss my occasional co-nap). And it's a nice thought that we can be out doing what we do and not have to worry about being back in time for nap. But this will make for some long weekdays for Mike, and he'll lose that 1 1/2 - 2 hours he's been able to use to get work done, having to get up extra early in the morning to do it before I leave. It was a good run, anyway. And things will change again before we know it, as there will be preschool in the fall.

I'm finally catching a taste of spring fever, which is a bit late this year since today is the first lose-your-mind sunny, mild weather day. Usually we get one of those big teases in March. It's better now though, because even though there will be many false starts before springtime in New England REALLY begins (or leapfrogs directly into summer), we truly are almost there. I'll get sick of the heat in a month, but I promise to keep it to myself.

My bosses are buying us chinese for lunch in honor of it only being Tuesday and we've already had a humdinger of a couple of days, so that's a nice little treat. And if all goes well, I'll be able to get in a little outdoor time to appreciate the best of what the cruelest month has to offer.  Thumbs up day.



No comments:

Post a Comment