Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thank You, Mr. Tweedy

Yay, I am so thrilled at the outcome of "So You Think You Can Dance." Yay, Eliana and Chehon! The new group numbers were wonderful, and my only critique was that they should have skipped the lame musical guest (so did not miss those this season) and given more time to show the winners' celebration. I liked how the top 4 got to re-dance their favorites (I pegged each choice, because I'm awesome like that, not because they were obvious standout performances or anything) and the only surprise was that they didn't re-stage the Eliana/Ryan Quickstep. Ah, it was so good to see George and Will and Amelia back on the stage. And now I'll have to find something else to talk about once a week, or, you know, not talk at all.

Halfway through, I thought I might just escape the curse this year, but no, September is staging its annual suckfest in my life. Things are mostly well, Mike and the boy and all family are great, but when there's ever bad news, this is when it comes, and it keeps coming. Again, don't worry about me, I'm not trying to be vague or get you to ask me what's wrong. It's not about that. It's just that September is awful and can't be over soon enough and that's all you need to know.

And sometimes The Month That Shall Not Be Named is hot on your tail and you've got tears in your eyes on your drive home and suddenly October is in your sights.


No comments:

Post a Comment