Monday, November 14, 2011

Muh-neh Changes Everything

As weekends go, this one was rather capital. For starters I had my much-anticipated concert date and it didn't disappoint. Not only was it great to connect with a friend I haven't seen in too long and meet some chill new people, but Fitz and the Tantrums were so, so good. They just put out so much delicious energy. I'd go see them again in a heartbeat. On the whole I'm not a good live music fan because my distaste at being told what to do extends to concerts. It's like, no, I'm probably not gonna put my hands together because you tell me to. I'm just not gonna make some noise. But I have this involuntary dance thing. I can't NOT get down when the music is that good. And I got down, lots. It was a dancing crowd. Happy times for this mama.

The rest of the weekend continued on a similarly great trajectory with a pub lunch and a baby-and-parents playdate and gorgeous weather. We have a new word from the young man and it is: "money." Rather his version of it, "muh-neh." I'm not sure what to make of his awareness of money one way or the other. But it's a word he knows and there we are. Soon they'll be popping up so fast that I most likely won't get to give much attention to each new one as it comes. Pretty awesome times.

The opening act at the show on Friday made a real impression on me. Usually the opener fails to get my attention, but I thought these kids, Walk the Moon, were just swell. Look at that lead singer go to town with that floor tom!

No comments:

Post a Comment