Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Handy Hints and Highwaymen

Remember when two martinis was considered pre-gaming before a night out, and not a recipe for conking out on the couch at 10:30? Ah, youth. It was nice knowin' ya. On the upside, having my partying days mostly behind me saves a lot of muh-neh that I can put toward organic milk and the occasional night in a hotel, just because.

My two favorite joyberries and I will be taking a little overnight roadtrip this weekend and I've so been looking forward to just chilling out and bopping around one of our favorite little cities. I got an amazing rate on one of those residence-type hotels that has a separate sleeping and living area (fine, the unheard-of rate was the impetus to book the room in the first place, since we could easily make the hour drive twice in one day). If you have little guys, these are the bomb because you can stay up and observe a dignified adult bedtime and they'll be snoozing just as comfy in the next room with the door closed. That's my number one tip, so far, when it comes to traveling with a baby - try to get a suite whenever possible. Also: Cheerios. Make sure you have Cheerios with you at all times. Trader Joe's O's and generic forms are also acceptable.

And so, in honor of hitting the highway... (I've been waiting for the right time to post this, when really it's always been the right time.)



No comments:

Post a Comment