Monday, September 26, 2011

Saccharine Susie

My work event was yesterday, and I had a little helper.

That cup from which he is imbibing contains water - we're still bookending the day with a bottle of milk, then water the rest of the time because that's all he'll drink. I've decided to try the cold turkey cup-only method sometime next week because the Farmer's Almanac says it's the best time to wean. I'll let you know if it works, I mean, who am I to doubt the wisdom of farmers? But I'm still not going to worry about it if it doesn't pan out. Just giving the progress report (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I had to be here on a Sunday and Mike had to go to his own job, so my boy helped me out by being my date and taking a nice nap while we did prep work and being extra charming with the guests at the party, as long as I was holding up my end and letting him eat constantly. Three-inch heels were probably not my best decision as he requires a lot of chasing these days, but it turned out to be a hell of a leg workout. I'm glad the event's over because, though I've proved to be pretty good at planning, it's not my most favorite thing. Plus something about working on weekends doubly wears me out.

Wah wah wah life's hard. Things are really really great, actually. The Sox showed some much-needed sack in the second game of yesterday's double header, and the Bills beat the Pats which happens once a decade I think (disclosure: I could give a flip about football but I'm related to a bunch of rabid Buffalo fans so I'm happy for them). We're heading into my favorite time of year and I've got a couple of lovely weddings to look forward to and the birth of a friend's baby and while I guess I could bitch about technical fall being here while weather-fall is nowhere in sight, instead I'll be Pollyanna again and express my gladness about not having to use the heat yet.






No comments:

Post a Comment