Thursday, May 12, 2011

Get Your Stroll On, Baby

It occurred to me just after I hit "publish" yesterday that it looked like I might be making some sort of announcement instead of indulging my baby-related sentimentality. Ha ha, NO. Not now, not soon, most likely not ever. Sorry if I was misleading.

Baby boy is going through an uncharacteristically whiny and clingy bit which is no fun for me or for his long-suffering Dada. I know he's hitting the normal separation anxiety phase right on schedule and we'll get through it like everything else. It's just weird to me that he doesn't have the same issue with Mike being as he's the primary caregiver four days a week. Must be all that breastfeeding bonding.

On the very positive tip: sleep. We're doing quite well here. Every night HR goes to in his crib at 7:30 and puts himself to sleep, then stays asleep (or wakes but puts himself back to sleep) until 5-ish. Sometimes 4:30, sometimes 5:30 if I'm lucky. Occasionally I can get him to go back down for an hour or two which is super awesome but I've come to accept the fact that extreme early rising is just the price we pay for consistent sleeping through the night. A price I pay gladly, I just need to keep forcing myself to be smart and get to bed by 10-10:30. This is not actually a problem as more often than not I'm passed out on the couch by 9:30, it's just making that transition from couch to bed that's the wrench in the works. Always has been - it's like no sleep is more comfy than the one you find yourself in accidentally. I'm thinking about looking into blackout drapes for the baby's room as well, but in the meantime, I need to just go to bed already.

I missed the Twilight Singers show last night 1) because I forgot to get tickets and 2) it obviously went on far longer than I'm used to being awake these days anyway. I'm a bit sad, though, that I didn't go. Let me say that Greg Dulli looks every one of his 46 years and then some, and of late has succumbed to rockstar bloat, but I'd give him the time of day, any day. Still there's no Dulli like vintage Dulli, so here y'are. (I always prefer to embed the videos but this one was disabled - trust me and follow a link. White suit!)

Happy birthday, Greg. You'll always be somethin' hot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment