Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sweet

In the spirit of the New Year, here's a list of that for which I am most thankful (beginning with the obvious, but never to be overlooked):

-My wonderful husband, gorgeous baby boy and amazing family and friends

-All of our continued health-- I'm so lucky to have an able body that almost exclusively nourishes for our son; our niece made it into the world with a bang when years ago it might not have been possible; I'm in my mid-thirties and still have two rip-roaring grandmothers

-A stable job with benefits that I enjoy and feel good about doing

-A roof over my head

-Food as sustenance that I don't take for granted

-Food as enjoyment and entertainment - it's a luxury to be able to wax poetic over a bowl of soup, or opt not to eat something if I don't like it. I'll include delicious alcohol and coffee here as well. Last fall I was pregnant and missed out on pumpkin beer season, but this year it's SO on. Of course my consumption is tempered by breastfeeding, but a little is better than none

-Music, which lights every day of my life, the love of which I think we've already passed on to the little nugget. He seems to especially enjoy Lionel Richie's "All Night Long." Sorry about that, baby (no I'm not)

-Reading. I've been hitting the books as hard as possible to make up for lost time, and reading to HR is one of my great joys. It's a bonus that he actually seems to pay attention

-TV, particularly the new season of Community about to drop. Whoever put that cast together, you are a genius

-Living in New England, especially in this season

-This life I get to live, which is part serendipitous circumstance, and part what we've made for ourselves. It's ordinary, sure, but still pretty fabulous when you stand back and give it a good look.

5770 was a doozy!


May the coming year bring only additions to the list.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! Have you danced around the room to "Africa" with him yet?

    ReplyDelete