Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall-ing Slowly

What a terrific long weekend. Our little buddy is busting out with more personality by the hour, and it was a gift to spend all that time with him, eating up his laugh and getting drunk on his sleepy cuddling. Except for a wonky Friday night he was a great sleeper--waking only once in the night to feed seems to be the norm now (fingers crossed)--and he was spoiled by a succession of maternal grandparents and aunts and uncles from Thursday through Monday. I got to read, relax, hang out with people I love, and enjoy the hell out of the first Manhattan I've had in over a year. Mike worked a bit, but not too much. We capped the whole thing off with grilling giant steaks at our friends' new home. And now I feel refreshed and ready to get down to business. Dear Fall, I'm officially ready for you. Impatient for you, actually. So come on, then!

Before I dive into my workpile, my pick for Blog of the Week is Cucina Nicolina. I can say a lot about this blogger because, even though we've never actually met, I've considered her a friend for a long time. Nicole is an incredible writer, a superstar runner, a passionate foodie and amazing cook. I have made her Guinness chocolate cake repeatedly and it has never failed me. Her blog is a little bit of everything, and a lot of magic.

Check it out, and have a fabulous (already!) Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Guinness chocolate cake! It always looks so rich and good, though I've never tried it myself. But a couple of my friends in the blogosphere have made (and, yay for me, taken pictures of) this cake over the years. Looks like I'm finally going to have to jump on the Guinness cake wagon. Fittingly, one of my family members has a birthday in less than a month, and this is someone who would appreciate that type of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You! Are so lovely. Right back at'cha :)

    ReplyDelete