Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not That I'm NOT Keeping One...

When I need a shot of inspiration, I go on flickr and do searches for things that I'm feeling nostalgic about or I think might generally make me happy. Often I'll type in cities that I love and see what comes up. It's fun to get a look at them throught different people's eyes, and sometimes you even spot someone you know. This morning I typed in "Portland Maine" and it really just made me long for a visit. Portland is the bomb at all times, and it's home to several of my most favorite people (you know who you are), but it's the best in the fall. I'm dreaming of a weekend trip, though I have to say it's going to be tough to pull off now that Mike works weekends. I suppose HR and I could go up ourselves, but 1) I'd feel bad going without Mike because he loves it too and 2) I'm phobic about driving on highways. I'm not proud of this and I don't intend to be ruled forever by my fear, but I get panic attacks traveling at fast speeds, mostly when I'm alone but even when I have a passenger. Argh. There's always the train and bus. But I want to go as a family. We'll find a time, if not this fall then next. But like I said it's great any season.

Anyway, when I was pregnant, I used flickr to browse for maternity shots every day. I'm still enamored of other people's big bellies (I like to look, I'm not one of those hands-on people), everyone's so unique when it comes to their pregnancies and I think they're all beautiful. That little experiment is what led me to this week's Blog of the Week: Cherry Menlove. Her blog is like a fantasy, I still can't believe she's a real person. But I'm pretty sure she is. And she's got gorgeous twins who were born shortly after my dude was. And she's British. Very cool, very uplifting. Her blog always makes me smile, and sometimes cry.

While I'm on the subject, I linked the wrong blog last week in haste. What should have been on here was My Favorite and MY Best. No offense to the writer I linked in error, it just wasn't the one I described. You know, I've noticed my attention to detail--which used to be one of my major selling points as a human being--has waned over the last, oh, five months. I'm hoping once I return to full nights of sleep it'll come back. If not, just one more thing HR will owe me for when he's a big boy. Not that I'm keeping a list or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment