Monday, July 1, 2013

And Would a Ladies Dancing Night Be Too Much to Ask?

Super sweet weekend. I love living smack dab in the middle of our two family units, when we can go north one Friday and be in my hometown, and go south the next to chill at Mike's. HR got to spend time with his paternal grandparents, plus an aunt and uncle and cousin. We all got to go for a swim in the blazing heat. Then we were able to make it back in time to see some out-of-town friends as they passed through.

As always, we have lots of New England road trippin' on this summer's calendar, but it's all in doable (and bladder-friendly - of utmost importance with a newly trained kid) chunks. I'm looking forward to every single plan on the horizon, as well as the free-form downtime in the city. I am aware that I have less and less use for the heat and humidity as I get older-- it's like, if I'm not at the beach, I'm probably going to be in the A/C. But I still think I love summer because of the possibilities. And so it goes, until fall comes and the weather won't cooperate accordingly and I get futilely pissed off about it. Till then: visions of impromptu al fresco playdates, cava on the patio, an occasion to wear the perfect sundress, a paperback in the sand and a half nekkid kid reacquainting himself with the wilderness. If all goes well, that's the next two months in my life.

Oh, and I'm not over my Dawes thing. If anything it's getting worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment