Monday, July 22, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Today was a little less Monday-ish than usual, because it heralds the last Monday before my summer vacation extravaganza begins, the last full week I'll be working for quite some time. Generally we take off two full weeks, then a few more days later in the month, but we're doing it a little different this year. A full two weeks off is nothing to sneeze at, believe me, but I'm kind of psyched about this summer's patchwork scheduling because the vacation seems to keep on rolling instead of there being a build up and then it's over. Plus I won't have such a pile on my desk when I return. We'll see how it pans out in regard to future summers, but for now I have bright expectations.

Of course there's a lot of week to get through before it's go-time. On one hand it's hard to concentrate because I'm so excited, but on the other, I know that getting down to business will help make the time (time, my two-faced frenemy) fly. Now to make myself get down to something other than composing obsessive lists. If only I had a visual to give me incentive....

 

That'll do. And we're off!

No comments:

Post a Comment