Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fun Expert for Hire

Halloween was a moderate success. We got to a few houses, and I think HR enjoyed himself, but probably would have been just as happy to stay home and watch Chuggington. It gave his parents a thrill, anyway, and we got some nice pictures. Maybe he'll never be into Halloween, and that's ok. We'll just wait and see what next year brings.


And now I'm about to go off the grid for a spell, and I couldn't be more psyched. I know it seems like I was just on vacation, and yeah, I guess I pretty much was. I'm on quite a roll in this life, and what can I say, I'll take and appreciate the good stuff while it comes. It's not like I think I need it or deserve it. The way I look at it, in plain, unquantifiable and extremely unfair terms, those who really need and/or deserve such things are the ones that rarely get a chance to experience them. I don't think I deserve or am entitled to anything but the basics like love and respect. Furthermore, it's not like I'm trying to pretend that my life is all that hard or stressful. It's got its moments, and sure it's great to be away from the office, and to get a break from the 24/7 gig that is parenting. But on the job front it could be a lot worse, and I knew what I was signing up for when I had a child, so I'm not complaining about the hours. My sainted husband, on the other hand, could really a vacation because he never, ever stops working. Ever. Not that he ever says a word about it, I just know. So this is for him, and lucky me, he likes me and wants me to come along so we can do what we do best together: have fun. I, in particular, am very, very good at unashamedly enjoying myself, it's probably my most marketable skill. It's right there, in my resume.

I know my boy will be in good hands and even though I'm prepared to miss him like I've never missed anyone in my life, it'll be good for us all. And I'll be back, all to soon. Hopefully with lots of stories. They probably won't be that interesting, because who really cares about other people's vacations? Also, my idea of fun has little to do with adventure and lots to do with lying about and eating and drinking. But trust it will be the bomb.

I already voted and it will be weird as hell to be watching the election returns come in with the Caribbean lapping outside my window. Somehow I think it'll be an appropriate setting for either result. And at least it will all be over.


So long for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment