Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lighter

OK, I think I hit my heavy entry quota for the week with that last one. And I've got to make this quick because I am escaping for some off-site professional development this afternoon. List then? I'm glad you thought of it. Let's do three for three.

Three movies I really want to see even though I doubt I'll see them within the next 5 years because that's how it is with me and movies: Argo, Pitch Perfect and Wreck-It Ralph. Judge away.

Three excellent things I've eaten in the last 24 hours: black pepper fettucine with chicken sausage and broccoli rabe (Capone's fresh pasta, what a treat), Gram's homemade custard pie (yeah I had it for breakfast, and yeah you should be jealous), Gram's homemade eggplant. It's good to have a Gram (and a Mike, he made that first one).

Three books I read on the flights to and from KY: That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo (I started that one on the beach this summer, fittingly), The Ornithologist's Guide to Life by Ann Hood (write more books please, Ann) and Joy School by Elizabeth Berg (didn't quite finish that one yet). Flying is good at getting you places, but more importantly it helps me get caught up on reading.

Bye until Monday, pals. Oh, and a happy birthday to my favorite mother-in-law!

Dawes, why aren't you the hugest band?


No comments:

Post a Comment