Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Time, Time

I've appointed this list and schedule making day, so I'm experiencing a sustained mania of organizing for our upcoming trip. I'm really starting to look forward to it. The promise of warm weather (it's a dry heat), catching up with good people--most of whom I haven't seen in years and years, some not even since my own wedding--and two nights of potentially uninterrupted sleep are tipping the balance of my anxiety about leaving the boy. I know it'll be a whirlwind and I'll be back before I know it, almost assuredly not feeling rested, but I think it'll be worth it. I'm historically terrible at sleeping on planes, but I'm hoping I can cash in my default exhaustion and take advantage of the time in the air to get in some long naps.

This is what my life has become, a quest for sleep. And that's OK, by the time HR starts sleeping like he should I'll most likely be embarking on that stage of insomnia common to the elderly. Circle of life.

Take it away, Ric and pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment