Thursday, March 21, 2013

Movies! I Watched Some.

And now for another installment of... Movies from Two Years Ago I Only Just Watched This Year. I've been on a real hot streak, though. Here's the bi-weekly round-up:

Your Sister's Sister - Forget not watching this. Everyone is amazing and I loved it so. I won't tell you anything about the plot or anything that happens, and you'll be glad not to know. Mark Duplass is in it, which is an automatic gold star.  Rosemarie DeWitt, as always, was perfect. Emily Blunt was a revelation to me, I feel like she would be a blast in real life.

Attack the Block - Fun! Hilarious! Adorable! Kind of gross! Not for everyone for sure, but if you have a soft spot for alien invasion movies (meh), British teens (oh, yah) or Nick Frost (who doesn't?), check it out. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Martha Marcy May Marlene - Everything I read about this one warned that it would creep me out and I was like, what? This is pretty straightforward, I feel totally OK about watching this by myself at night. But it sneaks up on you. Whoa. Elizabeth Olsen is too gorgeous for words and gives an outstanding performance. John Hawkes, as always, mesmerizing. Christopher Abbott, you always play such a dummy but you are beautiful. Oh yeah, this is a movie about being in a cult.

Beats, Rhymes and Life - This might be interesting to someone for whom A Tribe Called Quest isn't a personal Bieber, but maybe not. I thought it was a really impressive documentary--kudos, Michael Rapaport--and it made me feel the spectrum of feelings. It was a blast from the past, but so much more. And the music, just stellar. Fascinating.

Ok, not a movie, but the most recent episode of "The Mindy Project" when it's her birthday was gold. I feel like that cast has really gelled. Also, not for nothing, Mark Duplass cameo. Mindy Kaling, I love you.

Happy Spring! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment