Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I've Been To What Now?

I'm on deadline today, so my latest body image diatribe will have to wait until tomorrow but here's something that's been sticking in my craw lately: when people say, "This is the best BLANK you'll ever BLANK." I resent that! How do you know what's the best, to me? Preferences are subjective, and I can make up my mind about the best this or that I ever tasted or saw or heard, thank you very much. As you may have noticed, I don't appreciate bossiness in any form. I like recommendations and enthusiastic shares. But don't boss me, bro.

OK then! I'm going to do something I never do and link a song I absolutely hate, because I though I love love itself and positivity and knowing what other people love, I find that dislikes are often more interesting. In my opinion, this may well be the worst song ever written and performed, and even though I love some terrible music, this one is just BAD bad. Even though I have good associations surrounding it. Priscilla Queen of the Desert, for one. And staying at my Aunt Peggy's house in Farmington back in the 80s, I used to spend weekends with her all the time, and I clearly remember being in the kitchen and my aunt or uncle or one of my cousins had made a tape of a radio countdown (remember that kind of thing? If you don't I don't want to hear about it) and it had this and Toto's "Rosanna" on it. Now "Rosanna", that is a good song. I love the shit out of some Toto. Just so we're clear. But for whatever reason, I think I heard the song I'm talking about 50 times in a 48 hour period, and it could be that I only heard it once. It's just that awful. The question remains, WHAT THE FUCKNATION ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CHARLENE AND HOW IS THIS A REAL SONG?

Without further ado, I give you:



Bring all your haterness to me, if you're so inclined.


No comments:

Post a Comment