Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Not Much, Really

Flim-flam-flummox, it's 4:30 already! That's awesome.

Last night we observed, uh, Tuesday with homemade meatloaf, kale and double IPA after our wee Valentine was tucked into his crib. Also: watching some Annie Hall. That's got to have wormed its way up to my top 5 movies of all time, it's just perfect. I still cannot fathom Woody Allen as a sex symbol, but despite his personal turmoil, he is brilliant. Maybe if Chris Brown's talent exceeded his hubris I'd feel different about him but... nah, actually he's still the worst. I got a lovely card and some pictures from HR, and I cherish them, but that's about the extent of our Valentine's observation. Nothing against it, we just kind of opt out.

This coming weekend we'll be with a passel of family so all signs point to a big-people night out in my favorite little city up the coast. Yay for grandparents! For so many reasons, but the babysitting reason is major. I'm very much looking forward to it. And I know it's only February but it's like 50 degrees here and this song to me is a song of summer. Of going dancing when it's dark and hot and delirious. Can't you just feel the sweat and exhilaration?

No comments:

Post a Comment