Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Goodbye, So Long, Farewell My Friends

So Jason Varitek is retiring, and of course I'm a bit sad as I was when Timmy Wakefield stepped down a couple of weeks back. This has been a magical decade for our beloved Sox, and those two were a huge presence in their own ways. It's fitting that they should retire as they played, each with quiet, powerful dignity. They got the job done--make no mistake--but they did it with class. No ego or grandstanding. And of course they could pull out the big guns when it was called for. Ahem.



Still, I will miss them both dearly. Farewell Wake and Quadzilla, may the 2012 Red Sox do your legacy a solid, for you and for all of us. 

33 days until regular season play begins. Not that I'm counting.

And here, just, everything about this song and video is a gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment