Monday, February 6, 2012

And Back

 Another great weekend behind us, despite HR being a bit under the weather with cold-like-heavy-teething symptoms and an increasing sleep-in-his-own-crib aversion. Back to the drawing board with taking the hard line when he's closer to 100%, I guess. I feel like I may have said this before and more than once. We had a lot of fun as a family overall, doing this and that and going out to dinner at a hibachi joint (HR was not impressed. Maybe next year?). I have to say I'm so grateful that my boy is physically affectionate, and still willingly snuggles with me. If he never outgrows it that would be just fine, but just in case I'm making the most of it while I can. The munchkin's gotten quite masterful at making puzzles lately, I'm sure this is quite normal developmentally, but I get a kick out of observing his process. Where just last week he was constantly frustrated, he's now consistently, calmly putting the wooden animals in their respective spaces. He's also copying our random exclamations (the latest being, "ah, nuts!") so I'm guessing it's time to put real effort into cleaning up my language. Personally I don't have a problem with kids swearing in and of itself, but getting them to understand what's considered "personal language" and "public language" and how there's almost always a better word to use in place of profanity is a lesson that takes a few years to sink in. So until then, it's all, "Holy schnikes" and "Oh, fuuuuuudge."

So the Superbowl, eh? I've never been happier to not care about football. The big game was a good excuse to spend an evening relaxing with Mike and consuming beer and nachos, but even though I would have been happy for Patriots fans if they won, the loss doesn't impact my life at all. As I say every year, I save the "first world problem" pit in my stomach for baseball season.

On another frivolous note, I joined Pinterest. I have no idea what I'm doing really and only stuck in one pin so far, but I like to look at pretty things. So you can follow me if you're into that sort of thing, and I'll follow you right back.  

As I would follow 1980s Adam Ant to the ends of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment