Monday, August 9, 2010

In the Thick of It

WHOO! I am slammed today. I haven't had a workday like this in ages... since I haven't had a real workday in ages. But still. It feels good to be using my brain.

Of course I'm a bit sad about the end of my vacation. It was outstanding, all told. My little one was amazing - sleeping like a champ and really loving the outdoors. We all did better than I had ever dared to hope. It was great to see family and relax, and now I'm ready to settle into my real life: a 40 hour workweek, 32 hours of it spent away from home. Plus the return to good eating and getting exercise in there somewhere. Oh, and writing. And keeping up my share of the housework. And sleeping (HR's new personal best: 7 1/2 hours. He did it once, he can do it again, right?). Bring it on, I say.

More on how it all works, and more on the vacation itself coming up but for now it's back to the never-dwindling pile of tasks. As things that need my attention go, it's definitely not as fun or cute as this one:



But we make do.

1 comment: