Monday, August 16, 2010

Bee-Oh-Tee-Dubs

I regularly read a shit-ton of blogs. I guess I'm a bit of a voyeur, people's real lives and the ways they choose to present them, the aspects they show, they are endlessly fascinating to me. So I've decided to start featuring one of my favorites every week. Since you are what you love (and not what loves you back, etc.), I think it gives a peek into the (occasionally questionable and/or bananas) facets of my own personality.

The first one I'm going to feature is my current favorite: Carrots 'n Cake I can't remember how I stumbled upon this one, probably linked from someone else I like or maybe recommended by Google. However we came to be united, I'm hooked on this one for numerous reasons. The first is that it's a food blog, and I'm a sucker for a good food blog. The second is that, though it's a health-conscious food blog, the author is not afraid to have a drink or five from time to time. She comes from a health-first standpoint, but what I get from her more than anything is a sense of balance. She works out a lot, but she also indulges a lot. Tina always seems like she's having a blast without sacrificing or obsessing - I think she's a terrific model for living well. I'm currently jealous of her recent nine hours of sleep and foodie-job-related traveling and the marathon she's going to run in Hawaii (well the Hawaii part anyway), but living vicariously through her is almost good enough. Oh, and she's local-ish so I love to see the places she goes in and around Boston.

So there you have it, Joyberry Pie's first Blog of the Week. I highly recommend CnC, but be forewarned that she updates a LOT. I suppose I should be less of a lurking lurker and take the time to leave her a comment someday. Anyway.

Did y'all have a good weekend? I really, really did. The boy is growing so quickly before my eyes, every day brings something new and astounding. Latest feats: belly laughs, and getting really psyched about the baby gym. It's only a matter of time before he figures out that he can make the froggy play music just by pulling his leg, then all hell will really break loose.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice for sharing. I'm always looking for new food blogs.

    ReplyDelete