Friday, August 13, 2010

Benefits

I'm working from home today, which means I have to be a bit more efficient (i.e. spend less time on the internet) in order to get things done. The extraordinary upside of this, of course, being that I get to take frequent play breaks. Today I dangled a toy over the boy and he grabbed it and shoved it into his mouth. It's not as simple as that at this point really, there's a lot of hesitancy and false starts and misses, but what a privilege to witness this milestone, to see before my eyes the way his little mind works and puts things together. I owe a lot to my job, and I'll write more about that when I get the time. Right now I have to go nurse and maybe when I'm off the clock we'll venture out for a walk on this gorgeous day. Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment