Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fudge-ickles, rather

I just want to take a moment to thank you all for your comments! I want to respond to every one but for some reason blogger doesn't let me. I think it's user error more than anything, but until I figure out what I'm doing wrong please know that I enjoy and appreciate all of your words.

Mike and HR are coming by in a little bit to take me out to lunch so I don't have time for a proper post today, instead I'll hit you with a semi-annotated list of five awesome things:

-Song Away by Hockey.  It's apparently wicked old but I myself am wicked old and this is how I learn about music these days: way after everyone else. Anyway, it's one of things that make me glad to be alive, especially since there's another truly adorable version of the video starring Charlene Yi. For some reason the embed code was disabled for that one, so I highly suggest looking it up for yourself.



-Fall. This summer has been ridiculous with the 90 degrees every day since April. Though I can never say enough about the miracle that is air conditioning, I'm sick of it. I'm ready for fall and all the New England-y goodness that goes with it.

-Catching someone rocking out in their car, bonus points for terrible music (good-terrible like Night Ranger, not terrible-terrible like Limp Bizkit. You get no points for that. Minus points). It just makes my day.

-Fudgecicles.

-The morning, between six and seven. This is when HR usually wakes up, and it's his very best time of day. After I get him from his crib, feed and change him, he's full of smiles and laughter and baby magic. We hang out in bed, playing and singing and talking, and though I'm exhausted I don't care. I'll get to sleep in again someday, but I'll never get this time with him back. And there's always coffee, of which I am partaking right now.

Have a great Thursday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment