Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Adieu, Adieu, to Yeu and Yeu and Yeu

In the spirit of summer's end and the start of the school year and new beginnings and all that cool jazz, I'm starting a new blog and retiring this one. I'm not deleting it or anything, it'll be up as long as the internet wants to keep it. It's just that for awhile I've been feeling that I've mentally outgrown joyberrypie as a persona and I want to try on something that might be a better fit.

There were two other considerations in this semi-rash decision:

1) I miss writing in my old "academic" blog, and hate the thought that that space for thoughts and words and occasional hellfire will lie fallow and forgotten. I'm not going to resume updating avengingsybil at the moment--I'm sooo out of the YA fiction loop, for one--but I like to keep the option open.

2) That said, as I still pay to host the damn thing over at typepad and can add another blog to my account at no cost, why not get my money's worth and maybe jumpstart brain with the sheer novelty of a new venue while I'm at it? Ooh la la, so practical.

I still haven't come up with a name, and I'm not promising the content will be any different than what I've been writing in here. But the time has come to move on. I may have already overshot a timely exit, but I will channel my inner George Costanza nonetheless.



When the new thing's happening, you will surely, surely know.

No comments:

Post a Comment