Monday, December 10, 2012

Words

The fact is this: Niki is gone. I'll never see her again, never hear her voice, never get a text at 7 a.m. asking me to complete a lyric to a Kid n Play song. Of course my heart is broken. Of course I am sad. But more than anything, I'm in disbelief. It hasn't sunk in, and I doubt it will for a very long time.

I'm a mess of feelings. Big fucking unruly feelings that won't be wrangled into a thoughtful meditation on a beautiful life. Not yet, anyway. So I'm going to step away from my blog altogether for awhile. Because every thought is about Niki anyway, and I don't want to write about her again until I can give her the tribute she deserves. Until then...

NSV-K - 10/1/1974-12/8/2012
Diamonds and Pearls, Forever Babe


1 comment:

  1. I am so so sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you - I can only offer you my deepest condolences and hope that time and space can help you cope with your loss. Hug your little man...and big man A LOT. xoxo - Megan

    ReplyDelete