Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feb-OO-ary (What Book Is That From?)

I'm currently reading Jennifer Egan's A Visit From the Goon Squad and it's so good, so so good it makes me want to cry. Not because it's sad, but because it's so fully realized and she is so talented. Goddamn you, Jennifer Egan. Before that I wrapped up Erin Morganstern's The Night Circus, which I didn't love. I liked it, but didn't love it. Maybe the experience would have been improved had I read it in traditional book format and not on my Kindle but here we are. I can see its potential to be a rather spectacular movie for sure. Next up: John Green's newest, The Fault in Our Stars, which is receiving accolade after accolade. That one I will be purchasing in paper form. My house could easily be made of books, but I make a point to add to my physical library only when it's an author I love. The library and friend-borrowing takes care of the rest of my book needs. The point is though, John Green is beyond brilliant and everyone should support him. Get to it. Now.

In picture book corner, HR is currently favoring Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney, but hasn't taken away the central message which is basically, "stay the hell in bed, kid." But hey, I'm the first to say that didacticism is not the job of a good book. He just loves to yell along with Baby Llama, and that's good enough for me.

OH! And you'll be superpsyched to know that on the heels of last week's creativity diatribe I'm in the throes of my bi-annual re-enchantment with my own little fiction project. I'm a regular John Grisham over here with my prolific-ness and junk. My best intentions are to not let it fizzle out this time. THIS TIME. And yes, I'm aware that's all up to me.

So have a good Wednesday, and enjoy the first day of February because it means we're one step closer to Spring, and more importantly, Spring Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment