Thursday, December 23, 2010

Airing of Grievances

The month of December is conspiring against me. This is usually my favorite time of year, but I keep getting kicked in the head. Or stomach, this time, as it were. I had to leave work yesterday with a mysterious vomiting illness. I'm back on my feet today, I have to be because I have tons to do before I take my vacation, but man what inconvenient timing. Baby boy is also in the throes of his first cold. He's a trooper, smiling right through it, but I feel bad for him and his labored breathing. Mike, meanwhile, has been the magical elf taking care of us both and getting done all the errands in the world. He deserves a great big bottle of bourbon in his stocking this year, I tell you what.

After today, I'm off until after New Year's and I get to go hang out with my favorite people all the livelong day. I'm so excited, and so happy, that it cancels out the misery of the past few weeks.

And now, for my all-time favorite Christmas tune: "Pretty Paper," as sung by Willie Nelson. It's one of the saddest holiday songs, but I love it so.



And I love you so. All of you! Happy Festivus today, and have a fun and joyful week doing whatever it is you do. I'll catch you on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! All the love and warmth and joy of the season to you and your lovely new expanded family. Besides the expected kisses on Mike and that darling baby, would you put a big squeezy hug on your brother from me for being a music maker and all around cool dude? Thanks! ~LA

    ReplyDelete